A death in the family is one of the most stressful times in your life. Self-storage can be very useful at this time giving you some breathing room until you decide what to do with all of your loved one’s possessions.
If the home of the deceased needs to be sold or rented, self-storage can be the answer to de-cluttering and also keeping the treasured belongings secure. A clutter-free house is much more likely to sell than one full of clutter.
If the property is to be rented, clearing out the belongings allows you to evaluate it, and decide if any maintenance or renovations need to be done before you rent it out.
Store All will give you peace of mind, knowing that your loved one’s sentimental possessions are safe and secure.
- First clean the mattress using upholstery cleaner, and then vacuum both sides.
- Invest in a plastic mattress cover to protect the mattress in storage. You can buy these at Store All for between $19.95 and $28.95. Secure the mattress cover with tape, and this will stop dust from getting into the fibers, even though the storage units are clean.
- If you are storing the mattress for a long period, store it flat in the storage unit, as the padding and coils can settle, and the mattress will never be the same. When storing on the ground of the storage unit, use pallets to elevate the mattress off of the ground, or store it on top of flat furniture (if available).
- Do not store anything on top of the mattress, as heavy items can damage the mattress material and may damage the coils. Gravity is not your friend.
- When the mattress arrives at its new home remove the plastic covering, sprinkle baking soda on both sides and allow it to absorb any odors, and then vacuum the mattress. Then let the mattress breathe for a few hours before you put sheets on it, and your mattress should be ready for you to enjoy.
Moving house is an extremely stressful time.
You have the stress of finding the right home for a good price, dealing with lawyers, and then moving all of your possessions and your family.
Store All can help make this more painless.
Sometimes you have to sell your home first and rent somewhere on a temporary basis, or you may need to renovate or redecorate your new house.
In either case you will need somewhere to store your furniture and other possessions, and Store All can help by providing safe, dry self-storage units that you can rent until you settle in to your new home.
Peter Bynoe and his former business partner, started Secure Shred offering document storage, and because the business was listed in the Yellow Pages under storage, several calls were received per day from people asking for self-storage. For well over a year the callers were directed to other self-storage facilities, which were often full, until Peter’s partner got tired of it. So in 2005 he went looking for a building for rent to offer indoor storage, as the other three facilities only offered drive-up or outdoor storage.